Cheese. Cheese. Cheese. Oh, how I love thee.
Seriously, I could(and probably do) eat some kind of cheese every day. We all have our weaknesses, right?
Queso Flameado is Spanish for Flaming Cheese. It is traditionally made with Chorizo, a Spanish sausage, flavored with paprika & other spices. It is wonderful but unfortunately I haven’t discovered a brand that is GF(we usually buy ours from the local Mexican market and there isn’t a food label”. So..I substituted poblano peppers and mushrooms for the chorizo. FABULOUSO!!
8oz block of Monterey Cheese, cubed
1 poblano pepper, seeded, deveined, and chopped
1/2 pkg sliced mushrooms
- Saute mushrooms and peppers in olive oil(~2-3Tablespoons)
- Melt cubed cheese in a microwavable bowl
- Add cooked mushrooms and peppers
- Make tacos with GF corn tortillas(we use the Mission brand)
- Great as an appetizer or as a main dish.
- Margaritas or Pina Coladas make it even better 🙂
Filed under: Uncategorized |